Join the QLT Online Teaching Lab!
Faculty Stipend: $1,250 upon completion*
GTA Stipends: $550 upon completion*
Estimated Time Commitment:
Choose your flexible option:
What Is the Online Teaching Lab?
The Online Teaching Lab (OTL) is a fully (asynchronous) online course about online teaching, and our community norms emphasize curiosity, kindness and compassion with oneself and with each other as we navigate together this unusual time in history.
In the OTL, participants will:
- Participate in a course designed for interaction, not content delivery
- Create authentic products to use in their own courses
- Reflect on their learning with peers to create a meaningful learning community
- Receive timely feedback from faculty mentors who have studied evidence-based best practices in online teaching and learning
As part of the lab, participants will explore these topics:
- Resilient course design
- Trauma-informed pedagogies
- Instructor presence & humanizing online learning
- Universal design for learning
- Video and online resources
- Social presence & student interaction
- Assessment & academic integrity
- Student reflection & metacognition
How Can I Enroll in the Online Teaching Lab?
If you are already enrolled in the Online Teaching Lab, there’s nothing you need to do and no one you need to notify -- we will email you the week before a cohort begins.
If you are not yet enrolled in the Online Teaching Lab and want to participate in either the self-paced or cohorted model, click the link below (you will be prompted to login to iLearn) and you will receive a Welcome Message with links to begin accessing the course:
You may access a comprehensive list of QLT Online Teaching Lab learning outcomes here.